Wednesday, July 21, 2010

-last few days

During the course of the last few days, I started volleyball camp. The first day we were a little late and my mom knew I would be the youngest. I was and nervous and excited to go in and play even if I would be one of the only 11 year olds. The first thing the coach says to me is "thank god, another dude!" Then I realized not only was I the only one under thirteen. I WAS THE ONLY BOY!!

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! After the first ten minutes of awkwardness, it became kind of fun. It was the same as it would have been with all boys we did the same drills and played the same games and even though I was the youngest I wasn't the least skilled, so I made up for my age. It's fun and tiring.

On sunday I played with the Kneidel's. Henry has gotten taller than me by far and Grace by just a little. We played hide and seek. It was really fun. I had a really good hiding spot. They couldn't find me even when they turned the light on. So when every one was found I shouted and then was found.

I also had swimming lessons. I had a twenty minute swim. In it you had to swim for twenty straight minutes without touching the wall, it was really quite easy, just float for half of it. I also learned how to make my clothes float. That was really hard.

My summer's been great so far! Read and post comments to find out more.

-Connor



P.S. Ginny got a new favorite toy. It's a pheasant, she wanted me to tell you or why else would she be moving my chair with it. Also, Aidan passed his swim test where he had to swim for 10 minutes without touching the wall.

2 comments:

  1. Connor, you certainly keep busy. So glad you are fitting so much into your summer. I love the demo team video. I could even pick you out most of the time. We are very proud of you. See you Thursday.

    Love and God bless,
    Grammie and Papa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are having an action packed summer! Can't wait to read your updates from VA Beach.

    -Mary, John and Cole

    ReplyDelete