Thursday, July 15, 2010

the last few day.

During the last few days I've started swimming lessons. They are a lot easer than I thought they would be. It's just crawl for 6 laps, back stroke for 8, then rest. My teacher, Joan, is teaching me "new" strokes like breaststroke and sidestroke but I have already learned them in another lesson at a different school. That is one of the reasons that it is so easy for me this time around. To get to swimming lessons, we have to drive all the way up to Rocky Hill, which is more than an hour round trip. On the way there, I read a book, the book I'm reading right now is called "The Devil's Arithmatic." It is a depressing book about the holocaust. It is really well writen but it is sad, cruel and gross. I would not read it by choice, but I have to read it for school.

2 comments:

  1. Be careful... being rowdy on a long car trip back from swim lessons caused Grammie to kick all of out of the car and we had to walk home!

    Love - Mary, John and Cole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connor,
    Don't listen to Mary. She is just trying to get me in trouble.
    I just looked at your pictures from New York. So happy to see you got to see your favorite - things from Egypt!
    I too have read books about the holocaust. They are all sad but it is important know about.
    Good luck with the swimming lessons.

    Love and God bless,
    Grammie and Papa

    ReplyDelete