Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Virginia Beach Day 2






During yesterday morning I went for a walk. There was a ledge of sand for almost all of the beach that was left there by the waves. If you ran across the ledge, you could go on the very edge and if you ran fast enough you could stay up, if you didn’t you could fall into the sand. On my walk I played a game with this, it didn’t have any rules though, it was just try to stay up the longest. Ben and Aidan also played this game. Aidan was really good at going fast on the ledge, but sometimes he went too far out and then it broke underneath him and he fell, that happened to him a lot. Ben had a similar problem, he could run at medium speed and he would make it through about the same amount except when he sensed something breaking he would jump off and rarely ever fell. I could run pretty fast and my strategy was just keep running. It worked pretty well, but I fell a lot, not as much as Aidan though.

We also played pirate ships, except this time we built walls and things with blankets. It was harder to be on the top bunk in this situation. I built a hammock for pig. Aidan built a wall on his bed on both sides with a blanket. Ben made a wall on one side and while staying inside pretending to be asleep he really did fall asleep. When Aidan tried to “pretend” wake him up he actually did, except it wasn’t quite as gentle a wakeup as Ben would have preferred. You have to give Aidan credit though, he didn’t think Ben was actually asleep.

We spent the afternoon at the kid’s pool. We should have gone to the adult one. The kid pool was completely disgusting. You could tell how disgusting it was when you looked into the water with your goggles on. They had a cool thing at the bottom of the pool. It was the Sanctuary Resort symbol that covered almost the whole center of the pool made out of tiles. The pool other than that was quite gross, but my Dad keeps our pool spic and span, so I may be spoiled. There was sand, bandaids, and probably urine floating around.

We went to an “in between” restaurant for dinner. Where all the food was fancy, but the atmosphere and the people were all kind of laid back and they had tvs. The food was okay and the parents all said it was awesome. My Dad met with his old friend Bob Mariano and his wife, Jill. They were really nice. They have a son who is about my age, but unfortunately I didn’t get to meet him because he was at sleep away camp.

Post more soon - Connor

1 comment:

  1. Hi Connor,
    My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
    I was looking for blogs about things to do around the Sanctuary Resort in Virginia Beach to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
    Hope to hear from you soon!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete