Friday, August 6, 2010

Last Full Day at VB





Today we went surfing!!! It was totally awesome. I have my own surfboard now, and it was totally awesome to use it in the totally awesome waves. Aidan also has his own surfboard too. All the rest of my family rented one, except for my Dad (toenail still hurting him.) I caught some pretty big waves and I wiped out only 1 and 1/2 times. The 1/2 time wasn't really a wipout, I was going out and my board turned sideways and got hit by a big wave and I got knocked over and engulfed. My Mom stood up on two feet and Dad was very proud of her. My Dad said I lived up to my old nickname (Longride).

After surfing, we built little restaurants in the sand. We had a whole functioning economy that worked pretty well, everything was made out of sand of course! Me and my Dad teamed up together and built a super awesome sand sculpture of a ladybug.

Today was also the last day of the polite contest. I won in the category of "Politest despite having the blandest diet." Alaina won in "Best behaved while torn between her love for both Jacob and Edward" (she is reading the Twilight books). Maddy won "Best behaved despite being tormented by her brother and sister." Aidan won for "the politest cannonballer" and
Ben won for "Best behaved while dealing with the throes of teenage angst." We got our prizes, they are something different every year, and this year we all got fifes and Maddy got a tin whistle. We all have been working on it, and so far we have been hitting minor notes. I have a little tune going on. The fifes were an awesome prize.

I am excited to go home and see everyone there, but I am sad to leave Virginia Beach and the Muellers. I'm driving home tomorrow.

-Connor

No comments:

Post a Comment