Sunday, July 3, 2011

Lupa Zoo

Hello blog readers. First off I would like to apologize for not posting in 2 weeks. I've been super busy with math homework, camp and a typing program my mom is making me do to learn the "proper" way to type. I should have blogged at least once about my summer camp. But today I'm blogging about a really cool zoo that I went to with my family today called Lupa Zoo. It was really fun. We all heard about it from my brother Aidan, who saw a commercial for it on T.V. It said you could feed a giraffe apples. That sounded cool so my mom checked it out on the computer and found out were it was so today we went there and saw all kinds of animals and learned all new stuff like...
Did You Know
Turtles can eat chicken
There is an animal called the zedonk (or zonky) that is the mix of a zebra and a donkey
Giraffes don't have teeth at the front of their mouths

My two favorite parts were feeding the giraffe ( it's tongue is sixteen inches and blueish grey plus it tickles) and seeing / feeding a pot belled pig corn. He held up his head and opened his mouth for me. I saw lots more animals than my dad got pictures of but here are some of my favorites.
This one is called king of the cattle hence the HUGE horns. He kinda creeped me out.

We got up close and personal with some elk fighting over grass. We watched one kick, bite and chase a smaller one.Here is what the big dominant elk looked like from our view, amazing right?
Ever heard of this animal the Patagonian Cavy, we hadn't until today, they're kinda like deer rabbits.
Look, dem' deer rabbits good eaten'!
What is Zedonk? - the crossbreed of a zebra and a donkey.
Here's the giraffe, Jeffery saying " feed me apples human".
Here you go Jeffery, have an apple.
Side view of apple eating.

Overall it was a great day today at the zoo even though it rained a little and I think we should go there when our cousins come this summer.

Connor

No comments:

Post a Comment