Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Acadia day 2 and 3

Hello blog readers, in this post I will address yesterday and today. The first thing I did on Tuesday was I went for an "easy bike ride. " It turned out to be really hard for me because I caught my brother's Walking Pneumonia (a sickness were you can pretty much do anything you want but you won't want to eat, and you'll have a lot of phlegm.) All of the phlegm in my throat restricted my breathing and I couldn't catch my breath. At the end though it was all worth it because I had so many popovers during lunch at Jordan Pond. Then we went to Sand beach and skipped stones.
In the evening, we went to the Great Maine Lumberjack Show, it looked like a lot of fun to be up there on the stage. There were tons of events where the two teams (green and red) battled it out lumber jack style. There was speed chopping, crosscut sawing, speed chainsaw, peavey log lifting, pole climbing, ax throwing, and log rolling. It was really fun to watch and at half time Aidan got to go down and use the cross cut saw! My favorite events were the climbing (they wore spiked shoes!) and the log rolling (look up log rolling rock and roll on the internet, SO COOL) overall we had a great time!
Starting off today with a bang we hiked up Bubble Trail North and down Bubble Trail south(so named because big rocks (ie. the bubbles) were left there from the melting of the ice age). The trail difficulty was labeled "moderate" unfortunately for us we were unaware that they were currently debating that fact. There were metal rungs and steep cliffs, they were even workers up there performing maintenance!
Right after today's lunch we went to Asticou gardens and Thuya gardens. There were tons of pretty flowers and great views of boats. It put everyone in a good mood, so good that dad let me take a few pictures WITH HIS CAMERA, my Dad loves his camera!

our view of the boats
a puffy flower
a pink dahlia
one of my pictures with Mom and Dad
our view from the top
my family at the Bubble Rock post
Bubble Rock
the workers
more of the view
crossing a bridge (called deb 18)
Aidan crosscut sawing
climbing
the pro's crosscut sawing
we all wrote I love deb at least 6 times at sand beach
me looking for skipping stones to beat my Dads high score of four skips

No comments:

Post a Comment