Saturday, July 9, 2011

Hi people! Yesterday I went to 2 (ha ha tutu) places that were either extremely odd or old and cool. One of them was the International Cryptozoology Museum. (the study of puzzle animals such as big foot) It was a little place in the back of a book shop but the first thing you saw as you walked in was a 8 foot tall “big foot “ I’m not sure I believe any of it. Our tour guide had written 32 books and was a “professional” in his field. He had also been on the discovery channel many times. Even with all of that, I still think he had some screws lose up in his head. My dad got a huge kick out of everything there, the only really funny things were the Fiji mermaids. He said (quoting his exact words), “ Here we have the Fiji mermaids. The only real Fiji mermaid burned in a fire what we have here is a real-fake. It’s half monkey half fish all the other places, they have fake-fakes”. WHAT? I’m still confused about almost everything else. But I did find two things I really liked, the giant panda used to be just a myth, and all the “possible” chupacabra’s (Spanish for goat sucker) found in Texas turned out (with DNA testing) as dead coyotes with mange. It was cool, though I think my dad liked it better than I did. After that my family Grandpa Wood, Nate, my cousins Abbey and Griffin as well as Nate’s girlfriend Lisa went to Fort Williams. We played on the beach. We checked out the light house and played on a rocky cliff.

















1 comment:

  1. Connor, you do find the most interesting places!! I am sorry to have missed you before we left for Iowa, but we will see you this week (Tuesday or Wednesday) when we return IF Irene let's us through! See you soon.
    Love and God bless,
    Grammie and Papa

    ReplyDelete