Friday, June 8, 2012

SUMMER IS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Summer has finally started and this first week off has been a banner week for me. I started it being lazy, just sitting on the couch and watching Monk, Dr.Who and Firefly. I think I earned a few days of that, for taking exams and everything, but eventually, I had to study for an evening test coming up in Modern Arnis, the Filipino stick fighting style I do.  A lot of the stuff that I had to know, I already knew, either from karate or from the weekly classes. The two big things I had to learn were, counting in Tagalong and the kata, Anyo Isa. I managed to learn both of them for wednesday, and was promoted to the third level, low blue!!!! My CV is gonna be crazy...

My cat Mimi is driving me insane , my Dad is working nights and likes to sleep from 7:15 to 2:00 if he can. But to avoid being woken up, he has been sleeping in the pool room. Mimi LOVES the pool room. She only comes out for food and the litter box somedays, and now she can't go out there, because she would wake Dad. There is some disagreement on that point. She sits in front of the door and meows loud and obnoxiously every 2 seconds. I can't wait for my dad to get up.

I have also gone to Halls Archery twice this week with my Dad.  The first time we shot at a small target of a "squirrel". The second time we did the DSS dart system. The DSS was a projecting screen in the back of the room with videos of deer and elk walking across it.  We had to shoot our arrows to virtually "kill" the animal without actually hurting anything.  The most humanly, the cleaner the shot,  and the closest to the animal's vital organs your shot was the more points you got. Imagine a wii game with real arrows and no one actually getting injured.  My dad beat me by 200 points but 92 isn't a horrible score for my first time.  

I'm looking forward to another summer of blog posts.

      until then,  Connor

1 comment:

  1. Woo hoo. Blogging is back. Sounds like summer is off to a great start. Love the tv choices. Some of my favorites. Have you watched Psych? Similar to monk.

    Enjoy the summer.

    ReplyDelete