Tuesday, June 12, 2012

weekend of awesomeness

The fist thing I did this weekend was go to a one woman performance at the Mark Twain House of the show "They called me lizzie". It was about a  slave girl named Elizabeth Keckley who grows up, writes a book, and becomes the seamstress to Mary Todd Lincoln, the first lady. She remarks on her life, both about slavery as a child and about sewing and dressmaking for the president's family, with power and grace earning it the tittle of great show. I studied this time period in history and I knew a lot of the facts and background information necessary to enjoy the show, but I knew almost none of the social stories of the Lincoln family. I really enjoyed it.

The second thing I did this weekend was go to an 8 hour Modern Arnis camp. Modern Arnis is the Filipino stick fighting style I do. I learned so much I thought my brain would explode, from all of the awesome knowledge. It was great being introduced to new information and new styles It was my first time at a camp and I thoroughly enjoyed all of it. I would do it again if one came to Connecticut.

The Third thing I did was go to a red sox game, for my birthday. My birthday is in april but for my birthday my Mom got me tickets to a summer red sox game agist the Washington Nationals. I had a great time, watching the game and eating TONS of junk food. My favorite player David Ortiz (#34 big papi) hit a home run right in front of my eyes. it was great getting to see all of the players I watch on TV. even though they lost it was a close game of 2:3.

post more soon
  
                          Connor

No comments:

Post a Comment