Sunday, June 24, 2012

Niagara Falls


My family is driving out to Iowa to see my cousins, I am so exited but on the way up we stopped at Niagara Falls.  After crossing the American/Canadian border, dropping off our luggage at the hotel and walking to Niagara Falls, my family went on a boat ride called Maid of the mist where you were given a blue poncho and put on a boat that drives very close to the falls soaking everyone with the “mist” from the falls, only my hair and neckline got wet because of my poncho but my mom didn’t put hers on and she got soaked, it was a good thing it was a hot day, so we dried off pretty quick, and were in need of some cooling down.

The next thing that we did was go into an underground tunnel system called “Journey Behind the Falls” in which you walk in tunnels behind the falls and look up very close to the falls (again, getting us soaked) through fenced off portals and an up close observation deck.

After that we did something AWESOME go indoor skydiving. Indoor skydiving is where you go inside of a wind tunnel and float like you’re actually skydiving, it was hard at first but I really enjoyed it and got the hang of it towards the end, I could even go without the instructor helping me maintain balance midair. Aidan did it to and he was good at it as well. That was the high point of my day because I felt like I could fly.

In order to overcome my fear of those death traps called Ferris wheels I went on a relatively safe one called the sky wheel. The reason it was kind of safe was because it was a technologically advanced model run by a computer instead of the minimum wage teenagers who frankly were not paying enough attention to their job. You were in an enclosed space with classical music playing and after going around a few times I felt mostly OK, the only thing that put me on edge was my Dad who despite the obvious warning signs found it necessary to constantly go very close to leaning on the door.
  
I enjoyed the Falls especially when they were light up at night and when there were rainbows (which we saw like 4 of) but I can’t wait to see my cousins.

Connor















  

1 comment:

  1. Looks like great fun. Don't think Ginny would like it though. We are taking good care of her and Mimi bur Ginny thinks I should give her more treats! Have fun!!!
    Love and God bless,
    Grammie and Papa

    ReplyDelete