Sunday, June 27, 2010

Today I went crabbing with my dad and cousins. We got the tools from our neighbors; the tools consisted of a stick wrapped up in string with a weight on the end, a 6ft long net that frankly could use a hose down and a big red bucket. When they gave us it they said they told us they would buy us some chicken necks, WHAT!! We thought she was kidding until she actually brought us the necks to us.

We couldn’t let a good pair old of chicken necks go to waste, so we went crabbing. The first step is to attach the meat. I wouldn’t have enjoyed this part but my dad’s expression made me smile. The second step is to toss the line in to the water, the third is the hardest step of them all (drum roll please). Wait... Until you catch one then reel it in and keep it.

With the crabs we caught, we put them in races (we only had one race) and in it crab #1 won. He had a huge lead in the beginning but when he made it to the leap of faith ( a drop off) he stood still. #2 caught up and stopped too. We thought they would tie but 1 over came his fear and jumped the leap of faith.

That’s all we did for crabbing. When we got back we said good-bye to Brian and Lauren. And we got into the car to go. That’s pretty much where we are now. Please forgive me for my smaller posts all this week I haven’t had very much time. More to come.

-Connor

No comments:

Post a Comment